Monday, February 15, 2010

"You've got to write that down!"

Kate has been saying some really funny things lately and my mom keeps telling me to write them down so I will have a record of it:) So here goes...


I was getting Kate dressed yesterday and of course she wasn't cooperating. Imagine that! :) I was getting frustrated and I said, "Stop it Kate!" Kate replied, "Why Mommy? Am I driving mommy nuts?" I just about died! They really do remember everything you say.

I said, "Kate, where are you?" She replies, "I'm hiding in my closet in my bedroom!" Good hiding sweetie!

When we were snowed in on Friday I thought it would be good to teach her how to shake hands when she meets someone. I also told her to say, "Nice to meet you." So we were at the grocery store on Saturday and a little old lady said hello to Kate. (Kate loves little old people and so do I!) Kate reaches out her hand and says, "nice to meet you." Everyone around us heard her and we all started laughing. It was really sweet.

Seph got home early from a trip and surprised us last night. Kate ran to him and jumped in his arms saying, "mommy, my daddy is home!" Makes my heart melt.

Kate's favorite movies are The Little Mermaid and Snow White. Both marry a prince in the end. Kate was in the bathtub and she asked me, "mommy, what happened to Snow White? What happened to the mermaid?" I said they both married a prince. I asked her who she was going to marry. She said, "Snoopy!" Yes, she really loves Charlie Brown too:)

Kate knows when she is doing something she shouldn't be doing, like picking her nose! Anyway, I tell her to stop and she always says, "Okay Mommy, I sorry, I not do it a again." Sometimes it's in question form if she's not sure if it's naughty or not...."I not do it again mommy?"

Her pronunciation is not always perfect and there are a few words I try to keep her from saying in public. Frog, Fox, and Bench are just a few. So imagine the scene when Kate spots a balloon in the shape of a frog at the grocery store check out line (Yes, we go to the grocery store a lot) "Mommy look, look Mommy a F**k a F**K!"

"Why Mommy, because mommy?" It's always nice when they can answer their own question! I really really love this kid!



more to come....

5 comments:

Casey said...

I love it!!! It's cool she wants to marry Snoopy. Brookey tells me she either wants to marry "Buddy" or "Pops." I don't have the heart to tell her why we don't do that!!!

Cinnamon said...

Love the stories! Lexi used to have a frog problem too. We took a frog book to church --quiet place, little girl who doesn't quit know what "SHHHHHH!" means yet-- not good.

Cinnamon said...

Oh, and, I gave mom a shirt for her birthday once that said "Write it Down" because she is always saying that to me too. Like a year later she told me that she thought I gave it to her because she is getting old and starting to forget things. Ah!

Melanie Smith said...

Those are adorable stories! Carter's into picking his nose these days which drives me crazy - hopefully it's a short phase! You know - Kate could meet Ariel and Snow White if you brought her to Disney World...

Michelle said...

You HAVE to keep writing these down, they're hilarious and you love reading them again someday!!!