Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Measuring up

This is why I cook...






This is why I don't bake...


Seriously? I love to cook because you can improvise...add a little of this and a little of that, omit this, substitute that and so on. However, baking is a completely different story. I hate measuring and there is very little room for mistakes. As you can see, I added too much of something to the homemade frosting and my strawberry cake split apart like the freaking San Andreas fault. I think I will stick to cooking. Tonight I'm making braised short ribs over creamy polenta. Stay tuned for pics and the recipe!

2 comments:

Faithcola said...

Seriously...homemade frosting and cake? You are good! Let me know how the cake turned out though, would love that recipe...frosting, I'll just buy the fake stuff.

Casey said...

Agreed!! Baking sucks! I would not own a measuring cup or measuring spoons if it weren't for baking!!!